Some of the benefits of including oats in your diet are-
- Oats are incredibly nutritious food packed with important vitamins, minerals and anti- oxidants.
- In addition they’re high in fiber and protein compared to other grains.
- Oats contain some unique components in particular, the soluble fiber beta-glucan and anti-oxidants.
- They are very filling and have many properties that should make them a a weight loss friendly food.
- They are among the healthiest grains on the Earth.
- They are gluten free.
- One cup of oatmeal contains about 150 calories , 4 gms of fiber and 6 gms of protein.
- Oats groats, the most intact and whole form of oats, they take a long time to cook for this reason, most people prefer rolled, crushed or steel-cut oats.
- Instant oats are the most highly processed variety. While they take the shortest time to cook, texture may be mushy.
- They are commonly eaten for breakfast, as oatmeal, which is made by boiling water or milk. It is often referred to as porridge.
- They’re also often included in muffins, granola bars and other baked goods.
” Cakes are healthy too, you just eat a small slice ”